This love month, show your family and friends how much you care with dishes that are both yummy and healthy. Go hearty and happy with these easy-to-prepare recipes from Hunt’s Kitchen Superstar.
For starters, you can give the no-frills Tuna Loaf Wraps a try. Infused with Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Parmesan Cheese, the combination of garlic and cheese, and nutrient-packed tuna, this simple yet satisfying meal makes for a hearty appetizer or snack.
Generously laden with Hunt’s Pinoy Style Tomato Sauce with Lycofiber, the Fish and Tofu in Oriental Sauce dish comes with that familiar sweet and savory blend to match the mood of candlelit dinner dates. Those who don’t have enough time to cook will find this a cinch to prepare and serve, with easy-to-use ingredients like cream dory, tofu and of course, Hunt’s well-loved Pinoy Style Tomato Sauce.
TUNA LOAF WRAPS
For happy hearts, try this superstar snack of tuna, garlic, cheese and Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Parmesan Cheese, all wrapped in a slice of bread.
- 1 loaf white loaf bread (big)
- 180g tuna flakes in oil
- 30g onion (chopped)
- 30g garlic (chopped)
- 1 pack Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Parmesan Cheese 250g
- 100g lettuce
- ¼kg cheese (grated)
- To make the wrap, trim the edges of the loaf and flatten using rolling pin/bottles, then set aside.
- To make the filling, sauté onion and garlic using the oil from the tuna. Add tuna and Hunt’s Spaghetti Sauce Parmesan Cheese. Simmer the sauce and reduce until thick.
- Place the flattened loaf bread on a plate then top with lettuce. Spread a spoonful of sauce onto the lettuce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll the bread and pinch the edge to lock it. You may serve it whole or cut in halves.
Makes 6-8 servings.
FISH AND TOFU IN ORIENTAL SAUCE
Go for red this love month! Enjoy the flavors of the orient infused with the Pinoy touch through Hunt’s Pinoy Style Tomato Sauce with Lycofiber.
- 200g tempura batter (showa)
- 1kg cream dory
- To taste, salt and pepper
- ½ pc lemon
- 100g flour
- 1L oil (fryer)
- ½kg tofu (tokwa)
- 60g ginger (grated)
- 60g white onions (chopped)
- 60g garlic (chopped)
- 1 pack Hunt’s Pinoy Style Tomato Sauce with Lycofiber 1Kg
- 120ml soy sauce
- 100g white sugar
- 50g cilantro (chopped)
- 50g red and green bell peppers
- 45ml sesame oil
- Mix tempura batter according to package specification.
- Cut dory into small strips and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Coat in flour and dip into batter. Fry in medium heat until crispy, then set aside.
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes. Fry, then set aside.
- Sauté ginger, onion and garlic.
- Add Hunt’s Pinoy Style Tomato Sauce and soy sauce, then simmer. Add sugar, cilantro, bell peppers and sesame oil. Pour sauce into fish and tofu, then mix well.
Makes 10-12 servings.
So prepare to usher in healthy and delicious meals this February with Hunt’s Tomato and Spaghetti sauces. Whip up these super simple recipes and add a twist to your usual menu. For more superstar recipes, visit www.yummyhunts.com and facebook.com/YummyHuntsPH.