The chemicals sector in the Philippines is rapidly growing alongside economic expansion and a revival in manufacturing. In 2013, the chemicals sector as a whole accounted for 6.7% of the GDP. ( DTI, SPIK & BOI, 2014 ). Chemicals export reached US$ 2.2 billion in 2014. Approximately 3.5 % of the country’s export basket. Export growth has outpaced global and regional trade, with a compound annual growth rate of 13% since 2007, three times as fast as global exports, and twice as fast as petrochemical sub-sectors. Within these, exports are driven by a small number of products, with the top ten accounting for approximately three quarters of all exports. While overall the country is a very player in the global chemicals trade, accounting to 02% of exports in 2014.
The geographic relocation of the global chemicals industry towards the Asia- pacific region combined with a continuous growth provides numerous opportunities for countries in the region such as the Philippines to enter and / or upgrade in the industry global value chain( GVC ). The lack of raw materials and infrastructure, in particular constrains the Philippines entry into the higher value petrochemicals operations of this chain while logistics and costs constrain access to the lower value inorganic commodity operations.
The Philippines chemicals industry aims to engaged in transforming the nation’s basic resources that serve domestic as well as global market needs with the best customer value. It is committed to attracting developing and retaining the best sustainability and responsible care principles, by improving products and process growth and thus contribute to the nation’s inclusive growth and social-economic development.
The prospect are bright for the Philippines chemical industry ,one of the primary advantages on investing in the Philippines is its young population with a median age of 23 and a population of 100 million, the demographic characteristics of the Philippines point to a large domestic market,
provides a promising market base for pharmaceutical, personal care, cleaning substances, coating and other chemical business. Participating companies see Philippines as a significant market, with great growth potential are seek new business opportunities.
FACTS AND FIGURES
- The 3rd largest manufacturing sub-sector with revenues reaching PHP 330 billion in 2009.
- The combines chemical imports and the domestics production of the chemical industry is approximately US$ 14 billion, equivalent to 6.7 % of Philippines GDP..
- Rapidly growing chemical trade imports growing 13 % per annum and exports at 17 % per annum.
- There are more than 1,400 registered chemical manufacturing firms employing 100,000 personnel directly. Domestic production of chemicals, chemical products, plastic and rubber products have been growing an average of 7 % per annum in terms of revenues.
- There are 32,000 chemicals professional and over 300,000 engineering students enrolled every year, with 60,000 graduates.
- There are ( 33 ) universities and colleges offering chemistry education in the Philippines. The Philippines chemical industry consists of Two major industries under the manufacturing sector, (A) chemical and chemical products (B) Rubber and plastics products.
BUSINESS ON A GLOBAL AND HIGHLY VALUABLE NETWORKING FOR THE FINE AND SPECIALTY CHEMICAL INDUSTRY
CHEM EXPO 2017, PHILIPPINES — is the key platform for manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors, of fine and chemicals to showcase to a dedicated audience of professionals in the industry sector. The product portfolio of this international exhibition covers a maximum range and specialty chemicals.
CHEM EXPO 2017 PHILIPPINES — will take place from 24 to 26. November ,at World trade Center, Manila will gather 100 foreign participants from China, Malaysia , Singapore, Taiwan, Europe, for the Chemical Industry, renowned in particular for pharmaceuticals, plastics, colors and coating, organic and fine Chemicals ,dyes & pigment ,personal care products ,agrochemicals , chemical fiber, laboratory, packaging equipment. Various global players as well as small – medium enterprises are based in the Philippines. Highly successful research partnerships between companies and a research institutes are a growth engines for a prospering business environment in and around the Asian Philippines is well connected to numerous international destinations, as an excellent venue to reach Asia audience.
Discussion exchange of expertise are on integral part of CHEM EXPO 2017- PHILIPPINE. Top Class Conference presenting the latest findings from ongoing R & D projects offer numerous networking opportunities and round off the exhibition experience
About IMS INTERNATIONAL.
The IMS company is an International Exhibitions and Conferences organizer in Asia,
Since our establishment in 1983.We have organized more than 600 International trade and consumers fairs, plus 300 over conferences and seminars in Asia and Pacific countries.( China, Singapore, Taiwan, Turkey, Thailand, Brunei , Hong Kong, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia. We have become synonymous with our strategic trade shows covering a wide spectrum of industries from:
- Specialty Event: Defense, Naval, Terrorism and conferences.
- Commercial event: Industrial Machinery, Oil & Gas, Automotive, Industrial Machinery, Food & Beverage, Bakery, Hall Food, Medical & Hospital, Furniture, Packaging, Wood working, Energy, Green Technology and Welding.
- Consumer Event: Education & Career, Jewelry, Car Show, Health & Wellness, Mom & Baby.
Many of these trade shows are leaders in their respective industries. We have also co-operated and partnered with numerous local and international NGOs, Government Departments, in organizing exhibitions and conferences around Asia.
CHEM EXPO 2017 – PHILIPPINES.
Show date : 24 to 26 . November.
Exhibition Opening Hours. 10.30 am to 6. 00pm
Admission Free ( By Trade ) 12 years below Children not allow…