The biggest design reality TV series in Asia, The Apartment: Passion for Design returns to Sony Channel with a sizzling local twist. The glamorous interior designer and media personality Cat Arambulo joins the judging panel this season together with three aspiring designers representing the Philippines.
Premiering Thursday, March 22 at 9pm, The Apartment will raise the bar yet again by featuring 12 talented contestants from various backgrounds who will compete to become the next interior design superstar. The winner will walk away with the biggest prize in the series’ history, the deed to a luxurious UMLand apartment at D’Lagoon, located in Iskandar, Malaysia.
The Apartment: Passion for Design features a judging panel of fabulous esteemed designers including returning international superstar Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen as principal judge, and award-winning designer and author Jamie Durie as returning host and mentor. This season sees the introduction of two new judges, Cat Arambulo and Tyler Wisler, who is one of New York’s most influential and dynamic designers.
“We are excited to welcome Cat Arambulo to the judges’ table this season as her impeccable taste and design influence in the Philippines makes her an authoritative voice,” said Armi Malaluan, Director and Business Head, AXN & Sony Channel Philippines. “Last season was full of twists and surprises that culminated with an unexpected winner and this season promises more of the drama, style and sass that our Sony Channel viewers have come to love.”
Fans who crave more exclusive content can also look forward to The Apartment: Unboxed, a digital series of webisodes from the point-of-view of the designers, who will reveal their most intimate details from behind the scenes. Specially created as a companion series to The Apartment: Passion for Design, new webisodes of The Apartment: Unboxed will be uploaded weekly to The Apartment’s official website TheApartmentTV.com.
The 12 designers determined to show off their design prowess in The Apartment: Passion for Design are:
- Olga Ivanova– Thailand-based freelance model and actor who’s a self-taught designer. Olga hopes that her experience and eye for design will help her win this season of The Apartment.
- Shana Wang – TV personality and entrepreneur, Shana is currently living in Houston, Texas where she discovered her passion for design while working on several DIY segments for a local TV show.
- Stephanie Dods – Fashion buyer and designer currently working in the Philippines, Stephanie draws her inspiration from the fashion industry and the places she’s visited and infuses them into her work.
- Michael V Piroon – This studio producer and entrepreneur from Thailand brings his expertise from the music industry to The Apartment: Passion for Design. Michael hopes to use this show as a platform to venture into designing great living spaces.
- Jesy Cruz – Being partially color-blind doesn’t deter this Filipino from being a great designer. Already featured in multiple interior design magazines in his native Philippines, Jesy wants to challenge himself even further in The Apartment.
- Aung Naing Linn (Link) – Currently working in Singapore as an interior designer, Linnk has always been passionate about art. Linnk’s ultimate goal is to set a charity to fund children’s education in Myanmar.
- Rachel Lee – Malaysian make-up artist Rachel is looking forward to being on The Apartment: Passion for Design to reignite her love of interior design.
- Lisa Marie White – Miss Universe Singapore 2015, Lisa Marie feels that she’s creative enough to take on challenges in The Apartment and she would love to learn new things and meet interesting people.
- Rocket – Creative director and freelance photographer Rocket is fascinated by the power that architecture and design can have on our health, and he’s embarking on a journey via The Apartment to explore that concept.
- Elin – A graduate student of Raffles School of Interior Design in Singapore, Elin views herself as a pragmatic person, who is a good team player and a hard worker.
- Vladimir Musson – No stranger to reality TV, Russian-born Vladimir has appeared on Big Brother and Fit for Fashion and he’s always up for more drama.
- Eugene del Rosario – This interior designer from the Philippines wants to use The Apartment as a platform to make a name for himself in the interior design industry. Eugene is inspired by the diversity of cultures that he applies to his design work.
The Apartment: Passion for Design premieres on 22 March, Thursday at 9pm on Sony Channel and is presented by Dulux and supported by UMLand.
The Apartment: Passion for Design is a Sony Channel Original Series created and produced by Imagine Group Entertainment, the leading entertainment production company in Asia.
For more information, visit TheApartmentTV.com or @TheApartmentTV on Facebook and Twitter.