Commitment to Innovation Has Produced Over 3x More Patents Than Nearest Competitor Across IoT, OT, Network Security and Cloud Technologies
Michael Xie, founder, president and chief technology officer at Fortinet
“Based on the number of patents issued and superlative third-party testing results, Fortinet is the clear leader in cybersecurity innovation. Our commitment to delivering solutions that tackle some of the most complex cybersecurity issues that customers face today is matched by our investment in research and development of solutions that combat the cyber threats of tomorrow. Technology innovation that benefits our customers is built into Fortinet’s DNA. Our substantive, rapid and relevant innovation ensures Fortinet continues to deliver industry-leading products that help our customers keep up with the pace of digital transformation while staying ahead of ever-changing threats.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced that it has exceeded 500 issued patents.
- Fortinet holds 536 total issued patents worldwide, with an additional 240 pending patent applications, a record among similar security vendors.
- Issued patents span a wide range of cybersecurity technologies, including IoT, OT, network security and cloud, all with the objective of helping customers stay ahead of the evolving threat landscape.
Security Innovation is Critical to Digital Transformation
Digital transformation is having a significant impact on technology, from data-driven decision-making to cloud adoption, mobility and the explosion in IoT devices. With this comes an increasing attack surface and rise in cyber attacks, driving organizations to re-examine their security architectures in favor of an open, multi-layered security fabric approach to protect their networks. Fortinet has consistently anticipated the threats and vulnerabilities of the future, building solutions before these threats emerge – sometimes even years before – through innovative products like the FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall platform, purpose-built ASIC technology and the FortiOS security operating system. Innovation is core to Fortinet’s mission of delivering security without compromise, with patented and patent-pending solutions designed to deliver open, integrated and forward-looking security and networking technologies that enable organizations to dynamically and securely adapt to change.
Some of Fortinet’s most recent patented innovations include inventions related to:
- Automation and artificial intelligence (AI)
- Cloud-based security policy configuration
- Cloud-based logging service
- Securing the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Security analytics
- Email and web security
- Security information and event management (SIEM)
- Sandboxing protection for endpoints
- Dynamically optimized security policy management
- Secure, automatic second factor user authentication using push services
Industry-Leading Products that Integrate with Third Parties
Fortinet integrates its patented technology with third-party solutions through the Fortinet Security Fabric. Many organizations today deploy a wide range of cybersecurity and networking solutions that don’t interoperate, but also can’t be easily replaced. To overcome this challenge, Fortinet leverages open, API-based integration and orchestration to deliver broad protection and visibility to every network segment, device and appliance, whether virtual, in the cloud or on-premises. Fortinet’s commitment to technology innovation and its ability to easily integrate with third party solutions ensures that customers can leverage seamless, broad threat protection through the infrastructure core and into the cloud.
A Foundation of Innovation and Commitment to Customers and Independent Testing
Many of Fortinet’s innovations have been informed by direct customer feedback and incorporate features that directly address challenges faced by Fortinet customers. Fortinet takes its commitment to innovation a step further and consistently participates in independent testing and validation to ensure its patented technologies perform well in real-life environments. The growing list of third-party validated solutions proves that not only are Fortinet’s products cutting-edge, they’re effective and outperform the competition as well.
- Find out more about Fortinet’s history of innovation in the corporate brochure.
- Sign up for the weekly FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Briefs and the FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Service.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Subscribe to our newsletter!