You went home after a long day at work and all you want to do is lie down and rest your tired mind and body. But lo and behold, after some twist and turns, you still can’t get yourself to sleep.
Getting a good night’s sleep may oftentimes be elusive, especially as an adult and you’ve got a lot of things on your plate. According to the 2016 Healthy Living Index Survey, around 46% of Filipinos suffer from sleep deprivation and at least 32% could only sleep for a maximum of 6 hours a day.
While the best things in life are free, sleep is one of the most neglected areas of our well-being. Much more, this is the time of the year where people get stressed with both work and social obligations, that’s why sleep deprivation is most common than we think.
That’s why this Holiday Season, give yourself the gift of sleep. Check out these 5 possible culprits of preventing you from having a good night’s sleep according to Lazada’s premium mattress brand Comfort Living:
- Late afternoon coffee.
- Caffeine is a natural memory and energy enhancer, but having a coffee fix in the evening might not be a good idea. You might think that just because of you regularly down caffeinated drinks, you already developed a tolerance to it. If you really want to have a restful sleep at night, consider replacing your nightcap with a relaxing and calming chamomile tea.
- Extensive workout before bedtime.
- As much as you can, try to schedule your exercise time in the morning or hit the gym during your lunch hour to avoid giving your muscles a rush at night. A heart-pumping, sweat-dripping cardio workout three hours before you go to sleep will definitely give you a difficult time to snooze off. If it’s really too busy at work and you can’t squeeze in your workout time in the morning, opt for a casual walk at night just to keep your body moving without sacrificing your sleep. You may also find some alternative bed exercises to help transform your body even while lying on your bed.
- Too much stress and worries.
- Stress is inevitable, especially for working people. But you already have a full day to allow stress to distract you. Don’t let it affect your sleeping time anymore. As much as you can, avoid thinking about work or any other issues once you already settled on your bed. You should make your bed your personal sanctuary where stress and worries can’t disturb you. If you can’t help think about the thing that’s been stressing you out, grab a journal and jot down the list of things on your mind and forget about it until morning.
- Room lighting and exposure from blue lights from TV and other gadgets
- Light exposure impairs the quality of your sleep because it prevents the brain from releasing the sleeping hormone, melatonin. The darker the room, the easier for the brain to enter into a sleep mode. Additionally, if you’re lying on your bed but you keep playing with your phone or the TV is still on, it will really distract your mind from entering the sleep mode since it’s still busy. Consider moving your mobile phone charging station out of arm’s reach to help you overcome temptations.
- Wrong choice of bed
- Your bed is your partner for sleeping so you have to make sure that it’s your source of comfort and rejuvenation. If your bed is too hard, it will make your backache and it’ll cause discomfort for you; if it’s too mushy, that will cause your spine to sag. While even the most expensive mattress won’t take away your pain, it’s possible that the one you’re using is keeping your back out of alignment as you sleep.
However, if investing a full-size mattress is not yet on your budget, consider a topper instead like the ones from Comfort Living. Using the gel-infused memory foam technology, one of its impressive benefits include keeping the body temperature down, which slowly lull the user to sleep. Since its material is also made of cool gel beads, it provides a long-lasting cool surface that molds to the body and relieves pressure points. Furthermore, a topper can also provide you with just the right level of firmness and comfort that you need for a bed. Starting at a price of P4,999 (twin/single size 36 x 75 “2 thickness) Comfort Living’s Premium CoolTech Gel Infused Memory Topper is definitely a value for money investment that will take your sleeping experience to a new level. Aside from toppers, Comfort Living is also a trusted brand for premium memory orthopedic pillow, premium cool tech gel-infused memory mattress (single, twin, king, queen, full/double) and a body pillow.
For more product information and same-day delivery, order now at www.comfortlivingph.com. Call (02) 84256989. Visit Facebook https://www.facebook.com/comfortlivingphilippines/ and Instagram: comfortliving