In a world dominated by fast, impersonal and automated business practices, keeping customers happy has never been more important. Throughout the Philippines, there are brands and businesses that rise to the challenge and deliver excellent customer service, the kind of service customers want to share with their family and friends. These firms have been recognized in the first annual Quality Service Awards,a survey of the Philippines’ most satisfied customers.
“The Quality Service Awards is designed to reward companies that provide outstanding service to their customers, while also providing our readers with a list of companies that they can turn to for excellence in service,” says Louise Waterson, Editor-in-Chief of Reader’s Digest Asia magazine.
Reader’s Digest commissioned the independent market research firm, Catalyst Research, to survey a representative sample of 5000 consumers across the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Taiwan in October 2019. Survey participants were asked four open-ended questions, designed to uncover their personal experience of service providers in each country. Most importantly, survey respondents must have used the service in the past 12 months to be eligible to participate in the survey. The 2020 Quality Service Awards reveal the organizations (identified directly by consumers) which have been able to meet various challenges to put customers first.
Each market is set to have its own set of awardees based on consumers’ actual experience of customer service across 30 key industry categories. The highest rated companies per category were declared the Gold Winners, with the second highest rated as Silver Winners.
The companies Filipino consumers voted as offering the finest customer service in the country were recognized in an award ceremony on February 7, 2020 at the Crowne Plaza Manila in Ortigas Center. Those firms are listed here:
- Airlines: Gold Winner – AirAsia; Silver Winner – Philippine Airlines
- Bank Home Loans: Gold Winner – BPI; Silver Winner – BDO
- Beauty Salon: Gold Winner – David’s Salon; Silver Winner – Bench Fix
- Business Banking: Gold Winner – BDO; Silver Winner – BPI
- Car Servicing: Gold Winner – Honda; Silver Winner – Goodyear Servitek/ Autocare
- Courier Service: Gold Winner – Ninja Van; Silver Winner – JRS Express
- Credit Cards: Gold Winner – Citibank; Silver Winner – BPI
- Diagnostic Laboratory Service: Gold Winner – The Medical City; Silver Winner – Hi-Precision Diagnostics
- Financial Adviser: Gold Winner – Sun Life Philippines; Silver Winner – Philam Life
- Fitness Center & Gym: Gold Winner – Gold’s Gym; Silver Winner – Slimmers World
- Food Delivery Service: Gold Winner – Foodpanda; Silver Winner – GrabFood
- Funeral Service: Gold Winner – St. Peter; Silver Winner – Arlington
- Health Insurance: Gold Winner – Maxicare; Silver Winner – Intellicare
- Hospital/Medical Service: Gold Winner – Chong Hua Hospital; Silver Winner – Makati Medical Center
- Hotel Chain: Gold Winner – Marriott; Silver Winner – Hyatt
- Internet Banking: Gold Winner – Metrobank; Silver Winner – BDO
- Internet Service Provider: Gold Winner – Converge; Silver Winner – PLDT Home Fibr
- Kids Amusement Center: Gold Winner – KidZania; Silver Winner – Kidzoona
- Life Insurance: Gold Winner – Manulife; Silver Winner – Sun Life Philippines
- Mobile Phone Service: Gold Winner – Smart; Silver Winner – TNT
- Money Transfer Service/Remittance: Gold Winner – Palawan Express; Silver Winner – Western Union
- Movie Theaters: Gold Winner – SM Cinema; Silver Winner – Robinsons Movieworld
- Optical Shop: Gold Winner – Executive Optical; Silver Winner – Ideal Vision
- Personal Banking: Gold Winner – BDO; Silver Winner – Metrobank
- Petrol Station: Gold Winner – Shell; Silver Winner – Petron
- Pharmacy/Drug Store: Gold Winner – Mercury Drug; Silver Winner – Rose Pharmacy
- Real Estate: Gold Winner – Camella Homes; Silver Winner – Sta. Lucia Land Inc.
- Shopping Mall: Gold Winner – SM Malls; Silver Winner – Robinsons Malls
- Supermarket/Grocery: Gold Winner – Puregold; Silver Winner – Robinsons Supermarket
- Water Company: Gold Winner – Manila Water; Silver Winner – Maynilad Water